South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 3x12

11/11/2015

South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 3x12


The good:

  • The episode starts with Ashley kicking Kyla out. Which I like, because I find Kyla irrelevant as fuck. At least the fuckboys in this show had some purpose and had time to develop and change. 
  • Sometimes, the actress that portrays Ashley has a problem with line delivery. This is not one of those episodes.
  • Glen is going to take the SAT! He wants to go to college! Because of Chelsea! Chelsea is the source of all good! 
  • Chelsea and Glen bonding. This is how you make me like a character I didn't like. Make them bond with the character I like. And later on in the episode, they kiss. Which is cute, because he's no longer a fuckboy. He's a good person now, because the death of Clay and Chelsea made him a better person. 
The ridiculous:
  • I can't even bring myself to feel sympathy for Kyla. I don't care if she got kicked out because of some viral video. She's just a really flat character and I must put my blame on her for being a flat character. 
  • This Alice Pieszecki lookalike hitting on Spencer. Girl, go find Dana. 
  • Shaky camera syndrome. AWFUL.
  • Spencer kissing Alice Pieszecki lookalike. Then Alice turning her down after hitting on her repeatedly. What the fuck. Honestly, I'm glad I'll be over with this show soon.
  • Oh yeah, the music in that scene cutting out for some other music to cut back to that same scene, then the same music playing again. 
  • Also, I thought that Spencer and Ashley were still together? 
  • -50 for the cheap camera zooms. 
  • The fact they highlighted Aiden's rejection from that one college. Really, couldn't you have just paused it and not made it like one of those creepy serial killer documentaries? 
  • Ridiculousness between Aiden and his girlfriend. 
  • Then Aiden goes to Kyla. Why can't people ever act normal? Why can't they keep their romantic bullshit in their head when they're upset?

0 comments :

Post a Comment