South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 1x06

11/11/2015

South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 1x06


The Good:

  • Spencer having morals. 
  • Spencer confessing to Ashley that she thinks she likes girls. 
  • Ashley's, "I need to process this," to Spencer. I'm laughing.
  • The L Word was referenced this episode!!!!!! Yes, I am that much of a nerd!!!
  • Ashley's "Are you into girls?" quiz. 
  • Madison seemed to have gotten a little bit more depth in her than the "Mean Queen-Bee" trope. 
  • Shawn not accepting Fuckboy Glen in his life. Good! You! Have! Standards!


The Bad:

  • Spencer's mom. Get with the program! Your daughter likes a girl. So what?
  • Ashley taking Spencer to go skip school. Okay, I get it, you're edgy. And you like women. As someone who also likes women, I say go the fuck to school! Please! Just 'cause you like girls doesn't mean you should skip school! GO!
  • Glen trying to flirt with Madison during a lockdown at school. Please, go away. Get your shit together and go away. 
  • The whole school shooting plot this episode seems really, really forced imo. I mean, every plot seems a little forced on this show, but I don't know... it's a really, really, really sensitive subject for just about everyone, so it's a lot more noticeable this episode.  
  • The production of this show is awful. I know it aired in 2005, but every single episode you can see a mic in one of the shots. 


The WTF?:

  • Glen. His entire character is the WTF? 
  • The only non-fuckboy in this show is Clay. And the dad. I don't understand. Even minor characters are fuckboys. 

"GIVE ME LOOOOOVVVVVVVEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE SPENCER!"

0 comments :

Post a Comment