South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 3x01 & 3x02

11/11/2015

South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 3x01 & 3x02


Just as this show was getting better and better, they just gotta kill off someone. I mean, I know what character it was, because IMDb is the true untagged spoilers of the world. But why did they do him dirty when his storyline was just getting to the nitty gritty? I know why he was written off, but still.... if he was having a problem with the gay, then why couldn't he have gotten her pregnant sooner....

The good:
  • Thank god Chelsea is still around. And she is still friends with Spencer! Where is she living, though? 
  • I like that Spencer just didn't forgive Ashley all of a sudden. I mean, if my girlfriend ignored me for 3 months while in Europe....
  • Glen: "I'm not giving up sex [to become a priest to get out of the army]" Aiden: "It's not like you're having any" 

The ridiculous:
  •  Does anyone else think that these kids go to the hospital too much? I mean, I know the mom is a doctor, but these kids end up in the hospital all the time. 
  • I find it really funny that the most similar show to this one airs on MTV and MTV came and did a true documentary about Clay's death 3 months later. 
  • Glen graduated high school? Since when? When is the last time we saw him in school? 
  • Glen enlisted in the army and then is trying to get out of the army. Really?
  • Aiden got shot in the heart and still living. I think it's Fuckboy Immunity. The good guys with morals die young. 
  • Aiden thinking that him living past being shot in the heart really means he should be with Ashley. I can't... I really can't. This is more ridiculous than Glee. 
  • Ashley getting back together with Aiden goes against her character. It's literally so OOC I'm crying. 
  • When Aiden suggests that Glen shoots off his foot so he can get out of basic training and all the army stuff. I mean... And then there's just the simple fact I'm pointing this out because Matt Cohen played Levi (Or as the people who read my recaps will know him as, Levee) on How to Get Away with Murder and the last episode he was in had him threatening to shoot someone. Coincidence? Most likely.
  • I sometimes forget that we actually lived in a world once upon a time where an American wouldn't be allowed to serve their country if they were gay. Good job for exploiting it, Glen!
  • Glen signing up for the army with a fake ID. 


0 comments :

Post a Comment