South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 2x08

11/11/2015

South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 2x08




The Good:

  • Spencer's line to her mom: "Glen was so addicted to painkillers that he ended up in jail, and I'm the one who is sick?" when her mom said she wasn't going to school because she was sick for being attracted to women. 
  • We haven't gotten a proper Shawn and Clay moment for awhile now and Clay just tells him that Chelsea is pregnant. I know, I know, not his secret to give out, but still.    
  •  Spencer's dad.  
  • Clay's biological mom likes Chelsea and thinks she's beautiful! Yay! Then the speech that his mom gives a speech about him getting her pregnant. 
  • Ashley wanting Spencer to run away with her. Yes, you go, girl! Be free, Spencer! Be free from heteronormativity! This reminds me of Home Alone. 



The Bad:

  • Why can't they ever make Madison anything more than the Queen Bitch?
  • Also, Ashley constantly trying to get ahold of her girlfriend after she got pulled out by her hair. I'm so, so sad. 
  • Glen suffering from addiction. 
  • Arthur, divorce your wife. 


The Glen:

  • The person who gave birth to Glen. Glen's mom is the Glen of this episode. Arthur, divorce her! I know you make social worker wages but still! Fuck you and your conversion therapy. Spencer's mom goes on some bullshit about how she misses when her daughter was 6. No, bitch, you miss when she conformed to your standards. I know that she's the antagonist, but I'm still allowed to hate what she's doing.  

0 comments :

Post a Comment