South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 1x03

11/11/2015

South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 1x03


I decided I'm going to keep a fight count for this show.

Also, am I doing this right? I saw that there's 1x01, but is 1x01 both 1x01 and 1x02? Eh, whatever. I don't really care.

The good:

  •  Okay, I was wrong. Maybe Aiden isn't a total fuckboy. 
  • I think that this episode gave us more insight into Ashley's life. She's not just that one girl who hooked up with a fuckboy (that isn't so much of a fuckboy) anymore. She has DEPTH! I feel bad about her dad, even though I feel like the whole dad being gone all the time is just an easy cop out. She kind of reminds me of that one girl Rita Volk's character on Faking It dated. How is she not getting all the girls?
  • Clay is the moral ground on this show and it makes me feel all warm and fuzzy and happy on the inside. 

The bad:


  • Glen. Fucking Glen! I feel like Tumblr would hate him. In fact, I bet I could find a 'Why Glen is Problematic' post right now. I don't want to, 'cause spoilers. But I feel like Tumblr hates Glen. First, he's hitting on anything with a pair of legs, and then next he's spitting out that Shawn looks like a gangster. Go away, Glen!
  • Why is everyone so jealous on this show? First Madison, then Shawn (and I think Shawn's cousin) and basically... I don't understand. I go to high school and I don't understand these peoples' trains of thought. 
  • The outfits on this show are RIDICULOUS. And 2005.
  • I understand Ashley's jealousy this episode. I mean, her friend kissed her ex-fuckboy. And then she was all sad about her dad being late... 

The WTF?:

  • Madison and Glen. The WTF part is the line, "I'd treat you like you deserve to be treated" or whatever. Like, hey, Glen, her boyfriend just wanted to chat with his friends. Can a guy not have friends around here? Is friendship forbidden in teen dramas? 
  • Spencer is nothing like how I imagined her to be in the pilot. First, she's all shy, then she runs away with some girl she barely knows... This episode she gets drunk and hooks up with Leve-I mean Aiden.
  • How did Spencer get grounded for 7 days after she came home drunk? Seriously, 7 days is nothing! You can't dig a tunnel to China in 7 days unless you're in China!

The 2005: 



These images speak for themselves.

0 comments :

Post a Comment