South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 2x07

11/11/2015

South of Nowhere RECAP/REVIEW: 2x07


Most of the fun in this series has been making fun of the production quality, the dumb storylines, but now... I'm attached. And it sucks. Well, I mean, Aiden and Kyla and Glen are still really fun to make fun of, but there's a lot less suck in this series.


The Good:

  •  Oh look, Kyla gets a personality. And she's cheating on Aiden. Thank God. I've never been so happy for a fictional character to cheat on someone since Annalise Keating and Spencer's mother. I know personalities are sometimes hard to give out on this show, but I'm glad that Kyla gets a dark side. 
  • This line that Ashley says when Kyla walks in on Spencer and Ashley: "Hey, did they teach you to knock in Baltimore? Oh wait, you probably didn't have a door on your trailer."


  •  Okay, maybe it was bad timing, but you know what? All the couples I like have bad timing when they say, "I love you." See: Connor and Oliver. See: The L Word. See: All of my favorite couples, ever. DON'T EVEN TALK TO ME ABOUT SHAMELESS US! Anyways. Clay says that he loves Chelsea this episode. 
  • When Spencer goes inside to tell her dad to tell him about her and Ashley. It made me feel things. Things I really didn't feel during other storylines because they felt so forced. It made me feel sad and reminded me of when I've had to come out to people. You know, that moment when you're waiting for the right moment to tell them about you being attracted to women. And guess what? That wasn't Spencer's right moment. 
  • Glen getting in trouble with the law. Good! Fuck him! All these other characters had consequences for their actions and he never really did. So fuck him! 


The Bad:

  •  Kyla had hair that reminded me of a certain little bartender from another series this episode. 
  • Spencer's mom walking in on her daughter and Ashley together. Then kicking Ashley out. And literally pulling her out by the hair.


The Why:

  •  Glen. Why does he exist. I'm glad he has a storyline other than having sex with various girls, but oh my god, if he was a real person, I'd root for someone to punch him. Oh wait, he doesn't even need to be a real person for me to root for that. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment