Technology and Old People Who Are Angry and Hate It

5/10/2015

Technology and Old People Who Are Angry and Hate It


We all know the type.
OKAY I FOUND THIS PICTURE AND I CAN'T STOP LAUGHING OH MY GOD

I think, for the most part, social media can be good. I mostly use it for posting pictures of my cats, but to each their own. Social media, if used in the right way, can be used for great things.

So why do other generations hate it? Because they can't understand it? Because that's not what they grew up with? Because they're not used to change? Listen, I'm not used to change either, but you don't hear me protesting the death of Facebook or anything. You also don't see me getting angry over people not playing the original The Sims even though we all know The Sims 2 was probably the best.

It's just so silly that whenever someone whips out their phone (I know some of you were thinking I would say the other thing. I would very much like to say the other thing because I know I have a lot of friends who whip out the other thing and would love if I, Brianna the lesbian, just mentioned that for a second) under the age of twenty-five to send one stupid freaking text, you have someone over fourty making a joke about how us kids are 'addicted to technology'.

Why do people think new things are bad? New things can be good. New things also can be bad, but I think something that can let me talk to my out-of-state friends very quickly is a good thing. 

Yeah, some people use social media for terrible, terrible things. Some people also use it to stalk celebrities, (Yes, I did see Jack and Conrad's photo together. I am still very sad about the hiatus, but that cheered me up. A lot) but that's not the point here. The point is that we should all agree that social media is changing the world, and no, sending out a tweet every two hours about a member of One Direction isn't the start of the end of the world.

It's just another thing. Like the appliances in our house or cable television. It's not going to kill my generation, or your own. Just relax, sit back, let's turn on cable television on together, and be upset about how long it is until HTGAWM comes back. We can watch OITNB in just a few weeks together, though! Oh wait, you would actually need to know how to turn on Netflix for that. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment