Girl Love

5/16/2015

Girl Love


Happy Saturday, friends!

So, let's ignore the fact that I spent the whole afternoon downloading custom content for my Sims, and get down to business. I hope y'all have been having a nice day. I also hope that this rain doesn't knock out my electricity.

So I think we've all gone through that stage of saying, "Girls are so much drama, so I just hang out with boys instead :)" phase in life if we're girls. If you're a guy or nonbinary, well, I'm sure you've noticed this too.

Society pits women against each other. We get taught so many things as girls. We get taught that we need to be smart, but not too smart, sexually attractive, nurturing, and we need to be friendly even to the people who piss us off. If not, we are dumb or a smartass, ugly, heartless, or a bitch. If we're one of them, then society says we're not worth love. If we're are all of the above, then...

Social norms are stupid. I think that women, regardless of their sexual orientation, skin color, age, weight, intelligence, and personality, deserve appreciation. I don't think our words should be taken lightly just because of our gender.

I also don't think that women fighting against each other for social status is okay. Maybe it's because I'm a feminist. Maybe it's because I'm a lesbian who doesn't want to fight with women. Either way, it's probably because I'm a feminist. It's so stupid that women are secretly taught to fight to be better than the others. They want to be ~relatable~ by being a bit of a tomboy, but not too tomboyish, or else they aren't attractive to other people.

See, I think that in the world, we should... Okay I created an image for this, but god, is it awful.
You can practically see where I started to give up, but that's okay.
Girl Power (2015)

Women are important. Especially to other women. Girls should learn not to hate each other because they're competing for some guy. Just Elle Woods it, ma- I mean, girl! Y'all know how it is! Elle is a great fictional character.

Women are supposed to be perfect and young, and this screwed up idea that society has placed on us made me really depressed at times. It's so... wrong to think that we have to live our lives as objects for someone to project their dumb fantasies on and invade our personal space at times. It's just about as ridiculous as me reading a recap of the pilot episode of HTGAWM while typing this post, hey.

Let's throw out society's rules and get dinner. One big female dinner and talk about all the things we've done wrong to each other in life just in competition. Let's get a place we can all agree on (yes! women can agree on things! if you're going to make that joke, you are probably someone who sits around deciding what game to buy on Steam so I don't want to hear it)

Let's just all love each other and learn to hate each other for things other than boys, what each other's bodies look like, and what we prefer doing on a Saturday night. I just want to play The Sims and watch The L Word after taking a shower. I deserve it. 



0 comments :

Post a Comment