For my LGBTQ followers...

5/08/2015

For my LGBTQ followers...


First and foremost, I would like to type a bit about how the blogger app is a disgusting excuse for an app and how I sincerely wish it would go screw itself. I hate it, I hate it! It deleted the original content for this post twice! Not once, but twice! You sick piece of crap.

One of the hardest types of posts to write is the posts you can relate to. Because it's like, you want the audience to know you relate, but you don't want to reveal too much, you know? So this post is going to be difficult to write.

I think one of the things that hurts the most about being a member of the L part of the LGBTQ acronym is all the constant doubt. Especially from men. Men who think they can turn you into something you're not with just a few (silly) words. It never really stops, does it? It took you years to figure out who you are, and there's people who doubt you because you have long hair and enjoy wearing makeup. Go figure.
I get life can't be The L Word, but...

I think that's harder to deal with than those really religious people at times. I was reading a post about lesbians, and a bunch of angry men declared that all women were bisexual for men's pleasure, but none of them were lesbians, except for the butch ones. I rolled my eyes and realized that this was an actual line of thought in someone's mind.

Listen. If you are a member of the LGBTQ community, you don't deserve to feel ashamed of yourself. I don't care if you're out or not, because, hey, maybe you don't feel it's necessary to come out. That doesn't make your orientation or gender any less real. You can tell whoever you want to tell. That doesn't make you a bad person.

Nothing is wrong with being LGBTQ. It's as normal as being straight or cisgender. I think the people who treat it as a very unusual and bad thing are the problem.

We should be able to walk in a world where the only thing seen as unusual is the people who treat things like this that way. We should be able to walk in a world where we are safe from violence and mistreatment. We should not feel as if we are the things wrong in today.

Most importantly, I hope my generation is the generation we learn to stop being so awful to LGBTQ people. We aren't living in the past, we are making the future. Start acting like it. 

Also, I know that marriage is not the most important things about the LGBTQ community. It really isn't. It's just a small corner in a big part of the spectrum and there's bigger pieces that we should really focus on fixing. Like conversion therapy or the fact that it is actually legal to fire someone for being gay or transgender. But I really hope that for my USA-residents who are adults and LGBTQ readers who are in happy partnerships, you are able to get married really soon if you want to be! It's not legal in my state yet but soon, hopefully.

And to all my LGBTQ folks who are having a rough time, here.

I hope you all are having a nice night, though. 

0 comments :

Post a Comment