Growing Comfortable

5/15/2015

Growing Comfortable


I think comfort is one of the necessities to living a happy life.

Kind of like how it's necessary to have images to put in blog posts, we need comfort to be content and happy with ourselves. This includes being comfortable with our bodies, friends, partners, and our mind. We have to get comfortable with ourselves.

I realized this just a year ago that I had to get comfortable with who I am as a person and make sure I'm around people who made me feel comfortable or else I wasn't going to make it. I'm kind of happy I got to that point of revelation with myself.

I mean, sometimes, I have my off days, but life is a learning process. One where you need to take yourself back from society's standards that tell you you're not good enough.

Today, I think you should start a mission. The mission to never apologize for who you are. The mission to realize that your flaws are alright to have. The mission for never apologizing for your body. The mission to learn that it's okay to love, be hurt, be sad, and be an actual human being. The mission to live life to the fullest.

You, my friend, deserve to live comfortably. You deserve to live a life without feeling shameful for the hair on your body, the condition of the clothes on your back, your own feelings about anything, (as long as they're not hurting anyone) or any scars on your body. I believe you are a perfectly fine individual who deserves to go through life without judgement from society.

See, society places us in boxes when there's no need to be boxes. There needs to be freedom to be comfortable. Boxes aren't comfortable. Unless you're a cat. Then they are perfect, because anything that involves cats is perfect. Obviously.

We should be able to live our lives in comfort of who we are. We should be accepting of who we are more than we should think about how much we hate ourselves. That's no way to live. So we should start by caring about ourselves more and listening to what we think instead of shutting ourselves off.

We are important. 

We deserve to make the step to growing comfortable with ourselves.

0 comments :

Post a Comment