Why I Love Michaela Pratt

12/10/2015

Why I Love Michaela Pratt


Michaela Pratt has grown to be one of my favorite characters on How To Get Away With Murder. I know that this may be an unpopular opinion, but seriously, if we wanna talk character development, there's a lot that's happened with this girl.

When the series first started, we had a girl who was engaged to a guy who (no matter what you want to argue) did not care about her very much. She was also kind of high strung and was very focused on her studies more than anything. She wanted Annalise's approval, and literally wanted to be her.


Also, she has a killer fashion sense. Seriously, I applaud the costume designers, because I don't think there was an episode where I could look at Michaela and think that her outfit was hideous. I want to steal her wardrobe. And it doesn't help that Aja Naomi King is absolutely stunning, either. I know the entire cast of How To Get Away With Murder is practically filled with perfect faces all around, but christ, she's fucking beautiful!

Anyways, I really love Michaela Pratt. Seriously, we talk about Connor's character development, but can we talk about Michaela's, too?

She came to Middleton as the normal law student (and I bet she would probably run a studyblr in her freetime) and she was engaged. We didn't know anything about her until the third episode.

And that third episode is what everyone judges her on, unfortunately.

Yes, she did overreact. Yes, I was admittedly a bit mad. However, as the show progresses, I kind of realized that he didn't actually love her (no matter what sexuality he is) and she doesn't need to be married to a guy like that.

Everyone thought that she was going to be the shooting star, but guess what? In season 2, she has actually become pretty... relaxed. I mean, Wes was worried about finding Rebecca. Connor was worried about his (and Oliver's) life being ruined by the murder business. Laurel was also pretty calm, but she still worried about Frank. Asher had the whole Sinclair thing. But Michaela?

Michaela spent most of the first part in season 2 being a single girl and doing what Michaela does best. You know, being the only student I'm actually convinced is passing in all those other classes.

Michaela is definitely one of the characters I would say grows on you. You kind of watch this girl be transformed by this bad situation, and she eventually gets broken up with. After Aiden's mom comes back, she makes the biggest declaration a woman her age could make; Michaela loves herself.

She could have married a man who didn't love her enough to ask her what was wrong before he called off the wedding. But she didn't.

Michaela Pratt is one of the characters that I'd be totally okay with the show completely going off-topic for a backstory. The show has kind of laid groundwork for the possibility of her having a very interesting backstory, such as when she said that she didn't exactly relate to the people she was adopted to.

Also, Michaela Pratt is a great BFF. She jumped in front of Connor to make sure he didn't fuck up his life by shooting Annalise. She didn't do it to save Annalise, because I don't think that Michaela really even cares what she thinks of her anymore. She saved her friend from law school's ass, because that's what friends are good for. To make sure you don't fuck up your life by shooting the professor you've had beef with since the end of last semester.

I'm sorry, I'm a blubbering mess. I just really love Michaela Pratt. Very, very much.

0 comments :

Post a Comment