How To Get Away With Murder RECAP: It's Called The Octopus 2x03

10/09/2015

How To Get Away With Murder RECAP: It's Called The Octopus 2x03


I'm so, so very excited for this episode. I'm more enthusiastic than 3!OH3 when they're having a house party.


  • Last episode, Annalise was cross-examined and Eve made it seem like her Lady Friend murdered Sam to save Nate. Annalise and Eve had sex and the morning after Eve wanted her to consider moving to New York. Of course, this conversation took place on the porch of Annalise's house (which was a bad idea considering Eve said that they didn't really know each other that bad) and Nate saw them kissing. And no, it's not going to turn into a threesome, because Nate knows what kind of crazy Annalise can bring you in if you have sex with her. That's what Nikole thought.
  • Connor and Michaela met Levi, and Connor instantly tried using his newfound bond with Michaela to get her to have sex with Levi. Of course, since no characters can have something good in their lives Wes finds a picture of Levi and Rebecca together, so it's a common theory that Levi=Eggs 911. 
  • Connor told the group that Oliver has HIV so Asher wouldn't suspect anything. Which was dumb because I think you could practically rob a bank in front of Asher and he wouldn't suspect anything. Oliver came by and Asher asked him how it felt to be dying from HIV. Oliver was obviously pissed off about Connor telling people about that when he hasn't even told his parents. All was okay though, because Michaela and Oliver bonded over wine while teasing Connor. Also, we found out that Oliver caught HIV after Connor slept with lameass Paxton and he doesn't know who he caught it from because he was so drunk. Connor blames himself.
  • I can't remember what the fuck happened to Wes last episode. I know he talked to Catherine but honestly? I stopped caring about Wes. I think I only liked him for his girlfriend. 
  • Frank has a butter story that probably has nothing to do with this. Also, if Laurel wants to be his lover, she has to get to know him. 
  • Bonnie and Annalise had some big scene about how Annalise saved her. We don't know from what, but if it was from the Westboro Baptist Church, I'll love Annalise even more. I feel like Bonnie could possibly be one of those girls who had a family heavily involved in church. Anything is possible in this show.
  • We actually have a murder to follow this season! Emily St. Clair or Sinclair or something. She got murdered in Caleb and Catherine's mansion. Everyone was rooting for her to die, so it's not like anyone is in tears about this revelation. 
  • Connor had to be convinced in the flashforwards to leave Annalise. Wes wasn't even trying to help her! Fuck you, Wes! I'd expect this from Laurel or Michaela or Connor, but you? You guys have a Will They or Won't They thing going on!
  • Straight people want Michaela and Connor to get together. What's new?


Predictions I'm almost certain I'm wrong about:

  • Bonnie. Oh, Bonnie! Your life is the most messed up out of all of these characters and I don't even know you. Rory Gilmore would be ashamed of you. I've really been thinking about this girl. All her motivation is tied to Annalise. Annalise rescued her. What did she get rescued from? Maybe it was an abusive family or a relationship. It could be anything. I still think that Bonnie is interested in Annalise, would probably take a bullet for her, (I'm sorry) and also probably die a lot inside if she knew about Eve and Annalise. More than getting rejected than Harvard.
  • I think that either Wes, Bonnie, or Frank is in the cellar when Annalise goes down there. It wouldn't make any sense for any of the other characters to be down there, because none of them are that comfortable with her. If Wes was down there, maybe he was going on a scavenger hunt for his dead girlfriend. If it was Bonnie, maybe she was looking for hope that one day, Annalise might actually like her and stop judging her so harshly. Or maybe the Harvard acceptance letter. Frank might be looking for a girlfriend who wants to get to know the real him, not just the hitman him. Or maybe he didn't know what to do with Rebecca's body, so maybe he's trying to figure out what to do with it.
  • I still don't have much of a guess on who shot Annalise and killed Emily. It's kind of early on, so we don't know motives. I hope it's not Eve or any of the Keating Five. Well, actually, I don't care much about Wes this season. So it could be him. Maybe it's the adopted twins. There's got to be a reason why we found out Emily was working on the case before we saw that flashforward.
  • This isn't much of a prediction, but I really want Frank to say something about Michaela's dating profile. I just want Michaela to have a nice life. I want her to stop being involved in murders and get some nice significant other and become a famous lawyer. However, I know better.
  • Speaking of Michaela, I think there's more to the Eggs 911/Levi thing than just that picture. Seriously, everything in this show is more than just this small reveal. There's got to be more, damn it! Also, again, I want her to have a nice boyfriend or something.
  • Who do I think is going to bump uglies tonight? Well, we already know Michaela is going to have sex with Levi. Or do we? Maybe Connor will get laid. Hopefully by Oliver, since it should be time for the prEP to kick in. I don't think Laurel is going to do the octopus with Frank after last episode. I mean, you have to know your local hitman before having sex with him, gosh, Laurel! I stopped caring about Asher and Bonnie after the first episode. I fear for both of their lives. Annalise doesn't have Eve around and Nate will probably never have sex with her again after the whole, "You pinned murder on me!" thing. And Wes? I stopped caring about Wes. Like, I literally do not give a single fuck about Wes as of right now.
I'm so nervous for this episode. I don't know why. Perhaps it's the noise in the cellar.

In the flashforward Michaela, Connor, Laurel, and Wes are running away from the scene. Annalise is trying to reach for her phone as she's struggling to breathe. Nate is calling her.

Back to the present, Annalise is trying to figure out why Caleb and Catherine killed their parents. She's trying everything! Every possible reason why they would do it. I don't think she mentioned the rubbing uglies thing, though. It's the most likely one, too! Gosh, Annalise! Get your shit together enough that you can be a functioning character on TV dramas!


Annalise is very unenthusiastic this episode. I understand, though! Her lady friend left and it was kind of awkward. Now she has to deal with Nate and Wes and all the other bullshit people bring to her on the daily. And lastly, she has to deal with the parent killers who are rubbing uglies with each other.

Annalise heads down to the cellar after hearing a noise. She turns on the light. Don't you fucking do it Annalise! Don't do it! This is how horror films go! I don't want you to die!

Annalise calls Wes (aka my least favorite as of right now- sorry Wes) to check it out. Apparently, it's suffering. It's just a mouse. That Wes kills with a hammer to put it out of his misery. Which is fucked up. You know who else had a similar death like that? Think about it...

Annalise and Wes talk about feeling lonely. Which is awkward. Don't bang him, Annalise! But do, because I might like Wes more this way. Seriously, I'm not a Wes fan as of right now.


Some boy and Michaela are about to have sex. I think that's Levi? I can't even tell, oops. I don't know anymore. Michaela says no, because she's not a third date kind of girl.

Asher includes some lame pickup line about going to the zoo to have sex with Bonnie/Paris. He makes elephant noises. I can't tell if I find this cute or disgusting. So it's DisCuting. Fuck the English language.

I think I'm always going to be uncertain about what to think of these two. I go back and forth these days. I thought they were kind of cute in season 1, but now I find Bonnie too interesting for him.

Connor makes Oliver breakfast to apologize for being... season 1 Connor and says that there's only one more day until D Day. And no, D Day isn't doomsday, despite what Asher thinks. I feel like Connor probably Googled how to make pancakes. Which makes me hate him because everyone I know burns the pancakes. Why can't we have realistic things on this show?! Connor would burn the pancakes! Don't make me think things as fact but turn out to be wrong, damn it, writers!

He gets perfect pancakes and the promise of sex tomorrow. He's probably going to explode from happiness!

Frank says something to Laurel and says that she's falling for him or something. You know, I kind of... I don't know what to think. I mean, I like Laurel. Kind of? And Frank is shaping up to be something else. I like him better than last season, so maybe I won't hate them so much this season! Positivity. Spread it like peanut butter on a slice of bread.

But it doesn't matter what I think about Flaurel right now! Guess why? Sherri Saum (aka Lena from The Fosters) is in this episode! I missed her face since I got so sick of Brandon and Callie and rage quit The Fosters.

 Sherri's character is being accused of murdering someone with her vagina. That's not the only character on the show who can murder someone with their vagina. Bonnie/Paris, explain what you did with the first Asher, damn it!

Laurel is investigating a preschool teacher about the case. Asher is looking into a construction worker with a big dick. Connor is investigating into a woman who is hitting on him. Wes is interviewing a guy who won't talk about any of it. Michaela is talking to some guy who says something about a sex position called The Octopus.
This is the face of a jealous man.


Bonnie/Paris (aka the first one who murdered someone with their vagina on this show- step off Tonya!) shows Annalise something. It's exactly what I knew it would be! I fucking called it!

Basically, parent killers Catherine and Caleb are being accused of the next Folgers siblings. This is what you get when you're adopted and you're accused with murder! I bet those Folgers siblings murdered their parents after that commercial too!

Keating Five is talking about sex in Annalise's kitchen. Wes says he thinks Catherine is hot and everyone says, "Not again, Dean!" Connor asks who is the best everyone's had in bed. Apparently his was a tutor in physics. Laurel is obviously going to say Frank, because there's something just really sexy- yet messed up- sleeping with a guy like him. Michaela admits she's never had an orgasm in her life.
She's too cute to deal with this shit
(She looks like she's sneezing but really my screenshot program just sucks)


Everyone in the room is ashamed. I bet Connor kind of expected it, though. Deep down, he probably knew Aiden was awful in bed. I mean, we probably know that Connor didn't sleep with him in a bed. Have you noticed that the only guy Connor has had sex with in a bed is Oliver?

Connor takes Michaela to a sex party so she can experience the finer things in life. I'm glad they went from competitive enemies from friends showing each other greater things in life. Michaela makes him stay monogamous, while Connor tries to get her laid! Remember that girl Connor was investigating for Connor's case? She brought her husband. And she's hitting on Michaela. Oh fu-


Michaela was going to let her do it so that she would testify for Tonya. Oh, Michaela. You remind me more of Annalise every single day. Also she would probably let the woman do it for the first orgasm. After hearing the rest of Keating Five talk about orgasms, she wants in on the experience!

Annalise is doing what Annalise does best to Tonya. Tonya did it because she loved him, guys! Tonya killed a man because she loved him! If this character was played by anyone other than Sherri Saum, I'd hate them. Forever.


 Tonya isn't a relationship person. She feel in love with Dominic but there was his wife. She wanted him, though. She gave him drugs that taken with something else can cause a heart attack. She never wanted him to die, but she wanted to show his wife who he is.

Annalise calls Tonya out on her bullshit. She says that she gives people who really like sex a bad name.

Frank is helping Laurel and Laurel does a good impression of making fun of his, "Getting to know him" line. Basically, Frank has had a pretty good life in general. He got kicked out of community college, though. But he doesn't mention the whole killing girls for his boss's husband. That just slips his mind, doesn't it.

Emily Sinclair and Asher are working together. WHAT THE FUCK, ASHER? He's supposed to do it for 'justice'. I hate him now. I really hate him. Emily tries using Trotter Lake against him.
"I could use your dick size against you, but I just don't know it yet..."


Asher broke into Annalise's house with a tape recorder to get evidence against her for Emily. So that mouse thing was a bigger thing than just Wes and Annalise having awkward conversations. Which means he also probably knows about Annalise and Wes being that close.

Asher, I tried to defend your dumbass self in the past, too! What the fuck is wrong with you?!

Annalise says that the charges against Tonya are wrong. It's intentional premeditated murder. Tonya and Bonnie exchange WTF looks. Those looks are increasingly common in this show.

Annalise gets the wife on the stand. She accuses her of killing her husband. Tonya is innocent! Well, not really! Just in the eyes of the public.


The wife cries, but usually when people cry when Annalise makes them cry, they deserve it. This girl, though?

Annalise says that she knows that Tonya killed the poor guy after Tonya vomits in the bathroom. She requests vodka as a gift for saving her.

Tonya does it, though. And gives them phallic-shaped gifts. Connor tells Michaela that she can use it to have her first orgasm. Last season, this would have ended in Michaela pushing him down the stairs.

Bonnie accuses Asher of cheating on him because Emily sent him a picture of a girl from Trotter Lake or something. Asher just admits it! You fucking idiot, honestly! You don't just do that to Paris Geller. She will kill you. She's already killed one person before! Actually, two, if you count the first Asher!

Levi is Eggs 911. He's her foster brother, right? Wes is reminding me of someone from a vampire fanfic when he has Levi up against the wall talking to him. He even says to stay away from Michaela! That's why Levi wanted to get with Michaela. To find out what happened to Rebecca. Wes and Levi kind of team up to figure out what happened to her and Wes lets Levi go.

Bonnie and Laurel are drinking at a bar. Apparently, Doucheface is good in bed. Unfortunately. I really just wanted another reason to hate Asher. Laurel pesters her about information on Frank.
"So I kill a girl, and had a boyfriend. Life was too good. It doesn't matter anymore, though. I'll just kill him if he gets on Annalise's bad side."


Frank points out who might have sent information to Emily Sinclair. It's some woman I can't fucking remember for the life of me.

Connor and Oliver are making out on Oliver's bed. They can't even wait until D Day! Then Connor says he has something to tell him. I thought that it was going to be the murder thing, so naturally I start chewing on my nails. It's about the sex party. Connor says he didn't try anything, and Oliver starts to laugh and says he's a changed man. Because even Oliver would have sex at a sex party!



Annalise is trying to look good. Except she's not even trying, because she always looks good. Honestly, her wardrobe is probably one of the best on this show. Her and Michaela have perfect outfits practically every single week.


Speaking of Michaela... Michaela and the one guy start to have sex, She's determined to have an orgasm. Just don't kill him with your vagina!
This screenshot kind of makes the guy look like Donnie Darko, but I assure you he isn't Jake Gyllenhaal. 


Asher meets up with his father about Tiffany (the Trotter Lake girl or something) and it's just... I hate both of them. I'm making a burn book. Just for both of their loser asses.

Annalise went to Nate's apartment. She tried to get him a job. Nate brings up the fact he saw Eve and her together. Wes and Nate are on a team now to take down Annalise! What the fuck is wrong with all of you?!

Flashforward.

There's a car. Nate is in the car. He tells the Murder Four to get in the fucking car. They do so. I'm... what?
It's the light from your sins, Keating Five!

Predictions I was right about:

  • None of them. 
  • Except who has sex.

0 comments :

Post a Comment