Happy Sunday!

2/22/2015

Happy Sunday!


Happy Sunday to you, friend! I hope you're having a great day, and even if you aren't, then there's days ahead for you that will be better. Until then, stay safe and don't forget that you are valid.

Anyways, while I'm working procrastinating on this Excel chapter, I'm going to write this blog post in between.

I guess what I want to say in this blog post is that your interests are awesome and you are awesome! Unless you're interested in murdering people or violating people or purposefully making people very angry. Which- and I'm glad to say this- very little of you reading this blog post are.

I see way too many people judging each other. You like a 90's boyband? Hey, me too! You like some poorly-rated show? You go! You like a poorly-rated album? You go! Why isn't this more accepted in the world that we all like different things?

It's so silly to think that we spend more time judging others' interests than either 1.) doing our own interests or 2.) expanding on our own interests. We shouldn't control or judge others in the same way we wouldn't want ourselves.

I like writing blogs. I love it, actually. That's why I started my first blog about 3 years ago. It made me happy and I loved posting my opinions and things I liked. I loved seeing my readership/followship grow and it made me so happy to get home every single day and have something to look forward to doing. I remember when I got my first 500 followers, me and a friend planned a party.

This may sound silly, but it really was a part of me at that point. It was so thrilling. Yeah, I'm nowhere near the top of the blogger chain, and hey, I may never get there. I don't really care though, because I enjoy this. I had this for the days that everything else seemed to have failed, and for those days that everything seemed to go right. And as the quiet, introverted person I am, I always feel like my words get overlooked. Putting the words online makes me feel like I finally have something to say that won't get overlooked anymore. And that makes me happy.

This blog isn't as popular as my other blog. My old blog hit a good readership in half of the time I've had this one. But I like this one better. This one is more, er, raw.

So when I was talking to (admittedly, one of the few) relatives that know I run blogs in my freetime, he made a comment about how he could never do what I do and that I should stop writing my blog. I couldn't tell you how that felt. I spent 3 years of my life documenting how I felt in the moment, and someone who means a lot to me said to quit?

I guess that suggestion felt like closing a part of me, because I love this so much. This same relative is the one who judges literally everything and seems to think he has a career as a critic despite being a future STEM major. Boy, nobody cares.

Yet, one time this girl points out that maybe band camp is just as hard as football camp and he's up here defending it like a closeted celebrity is defending her/his secret lover (make that whatever closeted celebrity of your choice) and he calls her all sorts of names I wouldn't say here. It's like, dude, can you stop?

I guess what I'm trying to say here is that if you wouldn't want people making fun of your own interests, don't make fun of their own.

Anyways, I love you. Have fun with you and your interests, you fine person.