Love

2/17/2015

Love


  This post feels incredibly weird to write, but I gotta write it. I gotta!
   So, happy belated 14th of February. Everyone reading this post was my special someone for that day, just so you know. That day gave me inspiration to write a little about love.
  So, what do I know about romantic love? Well, I'm no soccer mom from the city with 3 kids and a husband named Barry. Nor will I ever claim to be. I'm not an expert at anything other than how to play video games for entirely too long.
  Love is not supposed to be perfect. All these girls on Twitter with their relationship goal tags and crap? Does any relationship goal actually have any sort of achievable outcome? I mean, you order flowers for the girl and they end up looking wilted when they get to your door!
  What you make of love is what you do with it. You can spend all sorts of money on your partner, but you can't ever replace precious moments. All we have on Earth is time these days. We may parade around a fancy bracelet or two, but does it really matter when, at the end of the day, that's all that's good about your relationship?
  Listen, despite what I say from time to time, I want love. I want to marry someone and grow old with them and live my life with them. I don't want to throw our marriage away. Sometimes, it scares me because I don't think I'll ever have that because I'm so bad at communication.
  I read a fact on Tumblr that said that poorer people, on average, got less divorces. Well, you may instantly think that poor people = happier if you just read this, but as someone who comes from that sort of background I can tell you differently. Poor people have less money to divorce, so they don't. Wow, for a positivity blog, this gets dark from time to time.
  I think our problem with love is the fact we never really think much about anything past the honeymoon stage. We get bored. We look for 'better' people. We always think love is this glorious thing that must be like how the media portrays it.
We never mention the couples who have been together for years and still find ways to make each other laugh. Because they're not in the honeymoon phase anymore. So we don't consider that the kind of love we want. Which might be the biggest tragedy of them all.
  It's a tragedy to think that someone doesn't love us just because we we're taught that love is this passionate thing 24/7. Like them spending time with us isn't proof enough they care. Like them making us laugh isn't proof enough they care.
 

1 comment :