That Feeling You Get When You Look in the Mirror

1/09/2015

That Feeling You Get When You Look in the Mirror


The blogger has posted a photo of one of the worst things to have when on a journey for self-love.
(Photo credit to Ikea.com)

According to what else? Google the average woman looks at their reflection 8 times a day. Men apparently look at themselves for longer periods of time but whatever. This post isn't about what gender looks at themselves the most, because we all know the cute as heck non-binaries look at themselves the most. This is about our reflection we have battles because of.

I look at the mirror a lot. I guess the worst part of it is that I have to look at myself through multiple mirrors. I gotta look at my bathroom mirror, and then I gotta see myself on my cell phone, then I must look at myself in my iPod's reflection, and if I'm feeling really bad about myself, I get out my kindle and stare at myself.

I think my head is too big. Heck, maybe it is. When will I reach that day, though, that I don't care anymore?

I feel like I should have reached that day a long time ago. I feel as if the day I started with trying to not be Brianna's Biggest Jerk in Life should have began with not using the mirror as a flaw detector. I feel as if that should have been the very first thing I started to toss out of my life, and the easiest thing to get rid of.

It's like the only thing that will solve this bizarre obsession of mine is a schedule, but who even makes schedules for this anyways? If I try typing in Google about mirror schedules, nothing autofills, so what's the point of making a schedule?

Spoiler alert: I'm not making a schedule.

Instead, I'm just going to cover up every single mirror in my home. Every. Single. One. I will live without you, mirrors! You will not torture me anymore! I will not deal with you! I will instead watch many of these videos and try to look at myself in my laptop's reflection! You can't stop me!

No, really, if you're doing this, instead of pointing out a bad thing, you're supposed to point out a good thing. Really, when I was making progress on this stuff, I was doing that, or I was repeating the neighborhood song from Mister Rogers' neighborhood enough that I didn't even care.

Guess I should start doing that again, huh? I will not waste as much time looking in the mirror as I do on The Sims! I have stuff to do! Bad thoughts about myself, go away! Don't come again another day! I'm playing The Sims all those other days!

0 comments :

Post a Comment