Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons

4/09/2015

Doing the Right Things for the Right Reasons


First off, sorry for the mess that my blog was the other night. I think that this theme will do just well. You know, you can make comments, actually see the correct date, and actually read the post. That's always a good thing, eh?

Today has kind of been a mess for me. I'm wondering if I should slow down with posts here, just because next month I'm going to be posting every single day. However, I think I should probably just get used to posting so often this month.

Anyways, enough with my blog stuff that none of you really care about anyways.

All you are really here for is my carefully placed HTGAWM references and crap, don't you lie to me!
[read that in Annalise's voice, please]

Anyways, friend, I hope you've had a good day. Really. I hope you've had as lovely of a day as my friend Brett has. He was listening to the radio this morning and his idol Fred Rogers' wonderful birthday theme song started playing when they announced the birthdays today. He is literally going to be Fred Rogers. Well, the science teacher version of Fred Rogers.

What today's post is about is doing things for the right reasons. Mostly about doing things online for the right reasons.

You have something that interests you, right? You have a passion, right? Whether that be writing blog posts like me, writing stories, acting, drawing, singing, or whatever else, you love doing it, right? 

What do you think about people who only are into your passion for the recognition? 

Let me just say this. I love writing blog posts. I love drawing. I love writing stories. I do not do those things for the numbers. I mean, I would love to make a career out of these things and maybe my opinions will change then once there's a source of income getting in, but I really do not care much about numbers.

It's so silly to spend so much time on something because you want to conform to a standard to make people like you. You know what? Some people out there are going to like your stuff, no matter what. Don't just start a YouTube channel, blog, pursue acting, pursue singing, etc. just because you think that you will get famous. What's the important thing is that you enjoy it and you want to let others enjoy it with you. 

Besides, that whole, "I want to be famous" thing is overrated anyways. Sure, it's nice having people comment on my stuff. Does that make me famous? No. Does that make me happy? Yes. Do I only write blog posts or whatever because I want views? No. 

It's not realistic anyways to think that you're going to start something and get views, likes, or recognition instantly. You're going to most likely quit if you don't have the passion for it. 

I think that you should start doing things for you. If you want to pursue something, do it because it makes you happy. 

Besides, at the end of the day, when you are staying up at two in the morning to pursue whatever, you're going to feel better knowing that you're not just doing this for the public. You're also doing it for you.


0 comments :

Post a Comment